Going Bananas for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
Craving something sweet without the gluten? Check out our Gluten-Free Banana Bread recipe, it’s so good you won’t taste the difference! This recipe is perfect for those looking to limit their gluten consumption, but can be enjoyed by the whole family.
For this banana bread, you’ll need these ingredients:
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup rice or arrowroot flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
Looking to veganize? You can omit the eggs by adding another ripe banana or ½ cup unsweetened applesauce to the mix. To substitute the butter, add ½ cup vegan butter, coconut oil, or pureed avocado.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit, grease desired bread pan
- Mash the bananas well, add to a mixing bowl
- Add the butter and brown sugar to mashed banana, stir together
- Add eggs into mixture one at a time, stirring after each one is added
- Mix in vanilla extract, milk, and water
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda)
- Combine dry and wet ingredients, stir until homogeneous batter forms
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour batter into greased pan, bake for one hour
Want to spice it up? Feel free to get creative with your toppings. Some examples are toasted coconut flakes, sliced almonds, or sunflower seeds. We stirred in some of Kween’s Granola Butter to add a creamy twist. Make it your own!
Once removed from the oven, allow the bread to cool. Cut into slices. Happy tasting!
(We made this recipe twice, the pinned photo is the vegan version made with avocado and an extra banana, and the picture above is the regular recipe. Both are super tasty!)
Tried it out yourself? Let us know by tagging #tastermonial on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Tastermonial content is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Take necessary precautions when handling information regarding food and nutrition.