Want something sweet for breakfast, but not carb-loaded? This chia seed pudding has 9 grams of carbs per serving, and is also gluten-free and vegan friendly. We sweetened this pudding with Stevia extract, a natural no-calorie and no-carb sweetener made from the Stevia leaf. This low-carb recipe requires overnight refrigeration, so you can whip it up before getting some beauty sleep. You’ll thank yourself in the morning!
Chia seeds are jam-packed with fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, and are sure to keep you full throughout the morning. Chia seeds are also high in protein and micronutrients like calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and more. They are one of the most nutritious foods in the world, and what better way to start your morning than with a chia seed pudding.
The low-carb recipe calls for these ingredients:
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 8 drops liquid stevia (we used chocolate flavor!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
Have a nut allergy? Swap the peanut butter with granola butter, and the almond milk for a low-carb milk of your choice.
- Place the chia seeds in a jar or bowl, and stir in the almond milk
- Add the cacao powder, liquid stevia, and vanilla extract
- Seal the jar or cover the bowl and place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours
- Once the pudding has set, top with peanut butter. Enjoy!
Once the chia seed pudding has finished setting and you are ready to eat it, top with peanut butter. Enjoy this no-guilt low-carb chocolate treat!
Tried it out yourself? Let us know by tagging #tastermonial on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Consult a physician if you have any concerns regarding allergies, ingredients, or medical conditions.